What’s Hot For Halloween
If you are taking your Halloween party seriously this year, and want it to be the best in the neighbourhood, then it is worth getting up to date with what may be big on the coming Halloween scene. There are several aspects to holding a Halloween party, and to put on the best “show”, knowing what might be the most contemporary themes, the latest in horror props and scene setters, scary gadgets and costumes, will give you a big advantage over those who have not checked out the Halloween scene for a few years.
Many of the old Halloween favourites will still be there this year, and long may it be so. Ghouls, vampires, pumpkins, witches and skeletons and other vintage Halloween stars, will no doubt be there again in their thousands, but even they may be looking better, and in some cases more realistic and scary, than ever.
If you do not feel up to date with throwing a Halloween party, here are a few ideas that may help you plan a screaming success of a party:
If you and your family are holding a Halloween party, you definitely need to be dressed for the hosts’ role, so choosing convincing costumes is an important start. Many Halloween costumes are available in child,even baby and infant, sizes, so if you have children there is no need for them to be left out when it comes to costumes.
Halloween costumes need not be scary. In fact, there’s a good chance that some of the most popular costumes will be based on Hollywood movies. A hot favourite is likely to be pirates, thanks to the release of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man’s Chest; and especially Captain Jack Sparrow. Other Disney movie characters will also be popular for Halloween costumes, such as Jack Skellington of Nightmare Before Christmas, and for children Sulley Monster from Monsters Inc.
Apart from Disney movies, the return of Superman is sure to feed into the costume market for Halloween, and Harry Potter will no doubt be widely featured. Spiderman looks like being a common costume choice too.
Away from the movies, masks and costume generally seem to get more convincing by the year. the old frighteners such as Dracula and other vampires, zombies, ghouls will be given fresh facelifts for the new Halloween. Not every party goer wants to be a monster, though, and sexy costumes will undoubtedly be in demand again, even such vintage costumes as sexy nurses, chambermaids, belly dancers and sexy cops.
Halloween Props and Scene Setters
It is worth having a good look around at what’s available in the way of modern props to help you set the party scene at your home. You can consider setting up your garden, too, to become part of the atmospheric creation.
Some useful props for the garden after dark, especially the front garden and around the drive to greet your guests, are tombstones. Having a garden cemetery can really give you the scope to set the right mood even before the guests come inside the house. Adding to that atmosphere could be a fog maker, pumping artificial fog around the tombstones and any other garden props. A few decapitated heads (artificial of course) with horrific expressions, and other frighteners, could be lit by setting up a low intermittent light near each one, to take visitors by surprise in the swirling fog. Air blown large scale monsters are another possibility for outside or inside the house.
Inside the house, there is a wide choice of scene setters around these days, which you can fix to the walls. These scenic backdrops can help to set up a haunting feel to the house. Your lighting needs to be carefully arranged to have maximum effect, while maintaining safety for family and guests.
Body parts (again, artificial!) such as severed hands, feet, legs and heads, can be used, with strategic placement, to provide the odd surprise around the house. You could even a full skeleton lying in the bath, with just a glimpse through the curtains in a candlelit bathroom. All these Halloween props are easy to find nowadays, so it is just up to your imagination and budget as to how you make use of them. With thousands of props available, the options are immense.
This halloween [http://www.halloween-mayhem.com] article was written by Roy Thomsitt, owner author of the halloween-mayhem.com website, where you can find ideas for Halloween costumes [http://www.halloween-mayhem.com/Halloween-Costumes.htm] and Halloween props [http://www.halloween-mayhem.com/Halloween-Props.htm]
Related Halloween Articles
- Make Halloween Props That Will Make’Em Scream - Halloween is the second most decorated holiday of the year, people love to make props to decorate their home and garden. Here are some really fun and easy ways to create Halloween props for the entire house. Be Sociable, Share!
- Saint Or Sinner – Which Will You Be This Halloween - Do you still think that wearing fancy dress costumes at Halloween is something to be enjoyed only children and the young? If you do; then read on and let us attempt to convince you that adults can get in on the fun as well. Be Sociable, Share!
- How To Create A Haunted House This Halloween - This Halloween “how to” article will help you transform your home into a haunted house this Halloween! Be Sociable, Share! Tweet
- An Autumn Garden for Halloween - There’s no better time to enjoy the spectacular beauty that nature has to offer than during the autumn season. This is an ideal occasion for entertaining friends and family, especially around Halloween. Why not take advantage of all the vibrant colors and stimulating textures that autumn provides by creating a garden themed around this exciting
- Toddlers Halloween Games – 5 of the Best - Halloween is a fun time of year both for young and old. But it can be difficult to know what to do to celebrate with a toddler. They are a bit young to go out “trick or treating” in the dark, and they may get scared. So why not invite some of the toddlers in