What Are Recommended Halloween Party Games
For a novice event planner, nothing is more daunting than the question, “Mom, can I have a Halloween party?” There are Halloween decorations, costumes, recipes and activities to plan, which can be a big task. To throw the best party, try to keep the group small (10 is ideal) and organize Halloween fun games. Whether you’re planning for a teenager, a pre-teen or a young child, there are a number of fun and affordable games to keep the entertainment rolling!
Halloween party games for younger kids can range from silly Halloween fun and getting-to-know-you games, to spooky ghost story telling and puzzle solving. An easy first game is “The Name Game,” where index cards with monster or Halloween character names written on them are affixed to the back of each guest.
Then the person asks another guest “yes or no” questions until the right answer is guessed. Some kids love “pumpkin golf,” which is a homemade golf game made out of a cardboard ramp, a carved pumpkin with an extremely large smile and a mini-golf set. “Ghost hunter” scavenger hunts always go over well for grade school children.
First wrap lollipops up like ghosts using white tissue paper and a black magic marker. Then hide them around the house and write clues about where they could be. To make it more competitive, create teams, such as “the witches,” “the goblins” or “the werewolves,” and have each team race back to place their lollipops into a bin as they find them, awarding a special prize to the winning team.
Or you may want to put a letter on each ghost that will form ten different Halloween words and award prizes as the kids guess them. You can also turn on “The Monster Mash” and have kids dance like monsters, freezing when the music is stopped. This will definitely have them cackling at the Halloween fun! Check out “Party Game Central” for more do-it-yourself ideas.
If you’d rather buy a few games than make them, then here are some Halloween party suggestions. Little kids will love the “Halloween Role Play Game,” which can be purchased for $4.99 at Oriental Trading and plays up to six kids. The game includes a 10″ spinner, 6 each of 8 assorted character cards, 6 “surprise” cards and instructions. They’ll spin, pick a card and do an action, such as making bump sounds with their feet, talking like Frankenstein, doing the Monster Mash and acting like they’ve been zapped! Oriental Trading also has “Halloween Bend Game,” which is an awesome seasonal version of Twister that kindergartners to teenagers will love! “Color Your Own Halloween Bingo” is another great game you can purchase for almost any age.
“Inflatable Halloween Limbo” or the “Inflatable Spider Ring Toss Game” are sure to add Halloween fun to your child’s party. Ouija Boards are always creepy Halloween fun for teens. “Halloween Jenga” may be more your speed, with red and black blocks, custom rules and a special glow-in-the-dark die. If you roll a “pumpkin,” then the direction of play is reversed; roll a “haunted house” and remove any piece or roll a “bat” and you can only remove an orange block. The Harry Potter “Scene It” DVD game is another fun one, testing kids of ages 8 and up with trivia from the Harry Potter movies.
One of the best Halloween Party games for adults is the “murder mystery dinner.” Each party member will receive an advance invitation with instructions on the role they’ll be playing. In your kit, you’ll receive instructions on Halloween recipes to cook, what Halloween decorations to set up and even how to dress. Usually, character booklets, scripts and CD or DVDs will guide you through the plot to discover whodunit. A few recommended murder mystery games include: “Lethal Luau Murder Mystery Party Game” with a Hawaiian theme, “A Taste for Wine and Murder” with a Hollywood theme or “A Murder on the Grill” with a summer of 1950s theme. All are from Bepuzzled.
369 Niches Rolled Up Into 1 Product
Turn any hobby into a business. Discover
24 totally unique business models.
Related Halloween Articles
- Popular Halloween Party Games For Children - Halloween is a favorite holiday for many children, second only to Christmas. One way to you can add to the fun of Halloween is by throwing a Halloween party for your children and their friends. Coming up with Halloween party games that will keep your kids entertained may be the trickiest part of the planning
- A Murder Mystery Halloween Party - Throwing a Murder Mystery Halloween party will leave your guests dying to get there to see what the mystery is all about, thrilled to participate in solving the mystery, and talking about your party for months and years afterwards. If you want your
- Halloween Party Ideas For Small Children - Halloween is a fun time for people of all ages. Unfortunately, we have to worry about keeping our kids safe. Some people live in a large neighborhood and let their children trick or treat, but some people don’t feel comfortable letting their children get candy from strangers. If you are one of
- Halloween Cards - You can find a card for most any occasion these days, even cards for Halloween. If you are a person who likes to remember everyone special to you on each and every holiday, then you probably send cards for Halloween. It can be a lot of fun to pick cards out for your
- Halloween Games Make Math Fun - We all know how excited children become as Halloween draws closer. But instead of Halloween being a distraction to kids, why not harness this Halloween energy into some Halloween math practice. Be Sociable, Share!