Child Halloween Costumes
June 26, 2009
Halloween is a special celebration for children. There are various costumes for babies, infants, and toddlers.
The Halloween celebration is held every 31st of October. According to traditions, on that date, the spirits of the dead come out from their graves and roam the land. It is believed that most of them are evil spirits that must be placated so that the living will have good fortune. Most of the costumes are spooky to match the occasion.
It may be more economical for you to make your children’s Halloween costume rather than buying it. It will depend, of course, on what they want to be this year, availability, and your own ability. Some might think that making a children’s Halloween costume is easy, but kids these days can get some pretty elaborate ideas.
You should certainly price the desired costume in the store because some of them can get just as expensive to make as they are to buy. Surely you don’t want to spend your time making something that you could buy for the same price. Remember – Your children’s Halloween costume will probably only last the one Halloween so there is no reason to go broke for it.
Common styles of costumes can make kids look like a princess, astronaut, captain, or an angels. There are few designs that are really scary.
Child Halloween Costume Ideas
- One simple teen Halloween costume idea is a cheerleader. Every girl knows someone they can borrow a cheerleading outfit from.
- Catholic schoolgirl. Put your hair in pigtails, wear a white shirt and plaid skirt, finish off with knee socks and Mary Jane’s and you are now a catholic school girl. This look has been done many times but is not as ordinary as the cheerleader.
- For a more unique look for the girls try a fairy or gothic look. These are both fairly easy looks to pull off. The fairy needs a dress, wings, and a wand. For a gothic look don a black wig, black clothes, and plenty of dark makeup.
- For the guys, unique teen Halloween costume ideas can include a super hero that has not been done a million times or a movie character. Dressing up like Spiderman, Superman, or Batman is old. Instead try Captain America, the Hulk, or Hellboy. If the super hero thing is not your style try a character from your favorite movie. Choose a fireman from Ladder 49 or your favorite character from Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.
- From superhero, to scary monster, to fire fighter, the less traditional feminine costumes, can at times, hold the most appeal for some of our girls. And yet, Dorothy, or a diva, or a cheerleader, have become classics.
- Especially popular in the Halloween costumes for girls category, are the group costumes. We see groups of cheerleaders, female football teams and arrays of candy bars. There are hot dogs, hamburgers and condiments all working as a whole unit of costume fun. It is charming to see how some of these group costumes are woven into the fabric of the friendships behind them.
- Boys, especially, love to express themselves through the gory side of Halloween. With bloody, shocking and gross costumes and accessories, Halloween costumes for boys offer all sorts of frightening and astounding fun. Vampires sport fang-like teeth with bloody shadows. Monsters wear weapons like hats, and of course, zombies sport sallow, darkened eyes of terror. With costumes ranging from movie heroes to monsters to goblins, boys can enjoy scaring all who pass in their wake!
- Halloween costumes for boys, of course, also offer less startling motifs. From traditional cowboy and dinosaur costumes to tuxedos and gladiators, there are representations from many genres, books, and movies.
Related HalloweenInfant Halloween Costumes
You see it every Halloween – proud parents getting their infants all dressed up in some cute-as-heck halloween costume, and maybe even going trick-or-treating. Nevertheless to be honest, an infant Halloween costume is more intended for the dads and moms than the young ones. After all, what mother does not love to be informed how [...]Princess Halloween Costume – A Little Girl’s Dream Come True
Almost every little girl dreams of being a princess one day, and Halloween is the time of year when they can live that dream. Whether they love the Disney Princesses – Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White and all the rest – or they want something a little more regal, a Princess Halloween costume will [...]Tips For Finding The Right Woody Halloween Costume
Disney Pixar’s Toy Story 3 is one of the biggest hits of the year, and it’s a popular theme for Halloween costumes. It’s going to be a bigger hit with kids, but even some adults are getting into the spirit this year. And of all the characters and toys in the movie, a Woody Halloween [...]Recommendations For Tracking Down The Perfect Darth Vader Halloween Costume
It has been over thirty years from the time when Star Wars was first out, but Darth Vader continues to be one of the most common outfits during Halloween year after year. Kids and grownups alike may get into donning a Darth Vader Halloween costume, and can be confident they’re going to be immediately familiar. [...]MakeToy Story Come To Life With A Buzz Lightyear Halloween Costume
Disney’sToy Story 3 is one of the bighits this year, and the starswill likely be popular selections for Halloween costumes. They will most certainly be a favorite foryoung ones, however even adults might jump intothe spirit. The Buzz Lightyear Halloween costume is going to be amongst the most common, so let’s look at two or [...]Halloween Costumes for Toddlers & Infants
Although most of us associate Halloween with creepy cobwebs, dark nights and flying witches, for some it is filled with endearing images and photos to remember for a lifetime. There’s a whole other angle to Halloween when it comes to those Halloween costumes for infants. Gone are the veiled darkness and spooky undertones. Instead, we [...]Newborn Halloween Costumes
It is very important for baby Halloween costumes or infant costume to be functional for the parent. Of course everyone wants their baby to be dressed the cutest, but by the end of the Halloween festivities, you will most certainly regret it if your baby Halloween costumes or infant costume won’t allow you to change [...]Star Wars Halloween Costumes
Children’s star wars Halloween costumes Halloween has come to resemble the night of the living movie characters! Children and adults will represent just about any hit movie as they get the chance to be those admired characters. From old classics to the more recent hits, character expression will always be a popular choice for dress-up. [...]Elvis Halloween Costumes
The King of Rock `N Roll Costumes Are you seeking the perfect Halloween costume for your son this year? Between the ages of 2 and 6, most children are adventuresome and enjoy role-playing. Perhaps you could interest him in impersonating a famous movie star, professional sports player, or music artist. Such costumes are most popular, [...]Dinosaur Halloween Costumes
Millions of years ago, before people inhabited the earth, awe-inspiring reptiles crept about. For more than 165 million years, these amazing creatures filled the land with their presence. And yet, their extinction is still a mystery as paleontologists determinedly seek answers. So it really is no surprise that we are intrigued by their story and [...]Fireman Halloween Costumes
Fireman Halloween costumes come in bright colors like red, yellow, and orange. These colors are usually combined with black. Bright colors help to improve visibility during a busy night of trick-or-treating. Fireman Halloween costumes are usually made of vinyl and plastic. These stain-resist materials come in handy at Halloween parties, and activity events. The fireman [...]